Psychological & Intelligence Tests
Psychological assessment tests play an important role in sport psychology testing. Here are a few relevant pages.
- Test de recursos mentales en tennis / Tennis mental resources test
- POMS — Profile of Mood States (POMS) questionnaire
- Wonderlic Test — an intelligence test (like an IQ test) comprising a 12 minute, 50 question exam, which is meant to judge aptitude for adapting to certain situations. It uses multiple choice questions with increasing difficulty.
- Sport Competition Anxiety Test (SCAT) — this questionnaire analyses an athlete’s responses to a series of statements about how they feel in a competitive situation
- Sport Anxiety Scale (SAS) — a 15-item questionnaire that assesses the competitive trait anxiety experienced by athletes.
- Competitive State Anxiety Inventory (CSAI-2)
- TEOSQ: The Task and Ego Orientation in Sports Questionnaire (TEOSQ) (Duda 1989) can be used to assess whether an individual defines success in a sporting context as “task orientated” or “ego orientated”.
- Physical Activity and Sport Anxiety Scale (PASAS)
- Likert Scale — a psychometric scale commonly used in surveys and questionnaires, in which respondents specify their level of agreement to a statement.